Follow prostate diaries on twitter and help me reach 1000.
January 11, 2013 by John McHugh M.D.
Posted in a gainesville georgia urologist, a microscopic vas reversal, a no scalpel vasectomy, a overactive bladder interstim, Twitter | Tagged book on prostate cancer, gainesville ga urologist, john c mchugh m.d., Twitter | 1 Comment
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 327,558 hits
“The Decision” – # 1 on Amazon for prostate cancer for Kindle… Lookout Dr. Walsh!
Top Ten Online Influencers Prostate Cancer
Free ProstateMD App
Clarion Book Review
Most popular post
- holy bloody mess batman!....the bleeding scrotum capo...i mean caper...tmi?
- My bladder spasm experience
- When is a prostate nodule a nodule and do nodules always mean prostate cancer?
- the dreaded prostate biopsy revealed
- high psa and normal prostate biopsy-what does that mean? well that you don't have prostate cancer...maybe.
- Can you get cancer from having sex with a man who has prostate cancer?...Part Two-response to a comment.
- For prostate cancer the free PSA is helpful, but not fool-proof and is only one of the arrows in your prostate cancer decision making-quiver.
- When to do a prostate biopsy for an elevated PSA-Well....that depends.
- McHugh Decision Worksheet
- "But I had radiation for my prostate cancer over 5 years ago!" Blood and clots in the urine after radiation for prostate cancer.
- “Decision” Process
- “Who are you” factors and why it matters.
- American Cancer Society’s Guidelines for Early Detection
- Another man’s story and his process
- Considering the possibility of incontinence after prostatectomy
- Five men-Five stories-Five deicisions about what to do about one’s prostate cancer
- How I as a urologist made “my decision.” Don’t do what I did, do it the “way” I did.
- How to “manage” your urologist and the pain associated with the prostate biopsy.
- If you remove the prostate you are cured right? Wrong…well maybe.
- McHugh Decision Cheat Sheet-It is imperative that you understand and have considered each of the questions in order to make the “Right Decision” for you.
- McHugh Decision Worksheet
- Men’s Health article-”I want my prostate back.”
- New York Times Dana Jenning’s story-video
- Post prostatectomy male anatomy-significance
- Reed’s prostate cancer journey process
- The anatomy of the prostate- “Water and Nerves”
- The biopsy specifics- The Disease- Your’s is specific to you!
- The concept of “Years at risk” and why its important in your decision
- The day I made “The Decision”, what will do it for you?
- The issues
- Top ten prostate cancer myths-the right decision starts here
- Treatment options-A major inconvenience?
- Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
- Author Book Inteview with Sarah Palin
- Dr. Jo-An’s Sexuality Survey
- How I as a urologist made my “Decision.”
- McHugh Decision Worksheet/Cheatsheet
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery/Microscopic Vas Reversals at N.G.U.A.
- Penelope Chases a Stick
- Press release/News articles
- Prostate cartoons
- Prostate Diaries
- “I have good news. I have prostate cancer!”
- A woman’s intuition and the “male mastectomy”
- After the biopsy
- Dad’s New Gig
- Diaper Diaries-A screenplay
- Dry with a diaper-potent with a pill
- Free PSA low-Damn it
- I heard you got cancer!
- I just want to be lucky
- June 6 D-day or E-day?
- My biopsy experience
- My bladder spasm experience
- Sometimes you have to get a rectal when you can
- The biopsy’s done-now pondering the possibilities
- The pain of the prostate biopsy precedes itself
- The vicissitudes of the condom cathether
- What would you recommend if I were your dad?
- CBS Christmas cares prostate PSA
- Couples facing prostate cancer together
- Incontinence after prostate cancer surgery-It will probably be the wife buying the diapers
- Letter to Amy regarding E.D.
- Motivation for seeking treatment for ED…The women’s perspective-(This is good)
- New Jersey Women Against Prostate Cancer Interview
- Prostate cancer affects both husband and wife
- Prostate cancer widows letter to the editor
- What women can do. From Men’s Health Network
- “Decision” Process
- Elvis Presley, prostate cancer and Graceland.
- Fifty shades of prostate cancer:The side effects of radiation therapy often don’t present until years after the treatment.
- Fifty shades of prostate cancer: stress incontinence common with prostatectomy, urgency incontinence more frequent with radiation .
- Fifty shades of grey prostate cancer: PSA is not always reliable before the diagnosis of prostate cancer but is very reliable in monitoring response to treatment.
- Fifty shades of grey prostate cancer: radioactive seeds are associated with more irritative voiding symptoms than external beam radiation.
- Fifty shades of grey prostate cancer: A second opinion with a radiation therapist is always a good idea!
- Another fifty shades of grey prostate cancer: Just because you chose one treatment and had a complication doesn’t mean you made the wrong decision!
- Fifty shades of prostate cancer: You can have surgery to open prostate to improve urinary stream before radiation but not after.
- Fifty shades of grey and prostate cancer: Not all prostate cancers are alike.
- Fifty shades of prostate cancer: A fool with a tool is still a fool!
Prostate cancer treatmentActive surveillance american cancer society author book on prostate cancer catheter condom catheter Dennis Hopper early detection extracapsular prostate cancer frank zappa gainesville ga urologist ga urologist impotence incontinence john c mchugh m.d. john mchugh md leg bag microscopic vasectomy reversal new york times no needle vasectomy no scalpel vasectomy Partin tables personal prostate cancer stories prostate biopsy prostate cancer prostate cancer blog prostate cancer book prostate cancer decision prostate cancer humor prostate cancer screening prostate cancer treatment prostate humor psa radiation after prostatectomy rectal exam robert frost robotic prostatectomy sexual function after prostate cancer surgery surveillance the decision the decision about prostate cancer urologic humor urologist with prostate cancer vasectomy wife and prostate cancer
- The Long Road: While most of us try to avoid stereotyping, there are certain trends that are hard to ignore, l... bit.ly/18ZQVhN 2 hours ago
- When to Screen, Biopsy, and Treat Prostate CancerWhen to Screen, Biopsy, and Treat Prostate Cancer: Dr. Vicker... bit.ly/19PXAul 6 hours ago
- Fab-4 superfoods: Pomegranate, curcumin, green tea and broccoli help fight prostate cancer: Prostate cancer co... bit.ly/19PU0Ah 7 hours ago
- New Hope: A group of oncologists gathered around their patient, setting up an intravenous line and preparing f... bit.ly/140nAgf 10 hours ago
- Consequences of radiation over robotic surgery: While radiation is less invasive than robotic surgery...does i... bit.ly/16GrKwp 15 hours ago
- Comment on the dreaded prostate biopsy revealed by John Robie: It is very interesting to read all of the stori... bit.ly/19OKLAp 15 hours ago
- Focala One Robotic High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer Gets Green Light in EU: EDAP TMS of V... bit.ly/16Gn61h 15 hours ago
- Dad's first Post-Op PSA test and results: Hello again everyone, my dad had his first post-op PSA test performe... bit.ly/15htIQG 16 hours ago
- Active surveillance helps prostate cancer treatment: The Maine Coalition to Fight Prostate Cancer has been a s... bit.ly/18X2Uwl 19 hours ago
- Preventing eggs' death from chemotherapy: Young women who have cancer treatment often lose their fertility bec... bit.ly/15gM1Fq 20 hours ago
- Increased Risk Of Prostate Cancer In Human Stem Cells Following Exposure To Low Doses Of BPA June 19, 2013
- Drug-Resistant Prostate Cancer Treated With New Medication In The Laboratory June 18, 2013
- Discovery Of Source Of Tumor Growth In Aggressive Prostate Cancer June 18, 2013
- Diabetes And Glucose Meters, Prostate Cancer Bone Metastases, Thyroid Autoimmunity And More June 18, 2013
- Low-Risk Prostate Cancer, Observation Safe And Cost-Effective June 18, 2013
- One Side Effect Of Finasteride, For Male Pattern Hair Loss, May Be Decreased Drinking June 17, 2013
- IOM Standards For Clinical Practice Not Fully Met By Cancer Guidelines June 14, 2013
- Side Effects Of Radiation To Treat Prostate Cancer Reduced By Biodegradable Implant June 13, 2013
- Hybrid Molecular Imaging System As Good As PET/CT Gold Standard For Restaging Patients With Metastatic Prostate Cancer June 13, 2013
- Prostate Enzyme Enables Detection Of Metastases During Molecular Imaging June 13, 2013
- Vegetable Fats Reduce Prostate Cancer Death Risk June 11, 2013
- Pomegranate, Green Tea, Turmeric And Broccoli May Help Fight Prostate Cancer June 10, 2013
- News From The Journal Of Clinical Investigation: June 3, 2013 June 4, 2013
- Previously Unidentified Cells Offer Potential Targets For Future Treatments Of Prostate Cancer May 31, 2013
- Synthesis Of Small Molecule Could Have Big Impact On Prostate Cancer May 30, 2013
- Time From Prostate Cancer Diagnosis To Initiation Of Treatment Generally Seven Days Longer For African American Patients May 29, 2013
- Genomic Analysis Lends Insight Into Prostate Cancer May 28, 2013
- Aggressive Prostate Cancer Tumors Share The Same Genetic Origins May 27, 2013
- Astellas Receives Marketing Authorisation For Vesomnitm From The Netherlands Medicines Evaluation Board May 25, 2013
- Inexpensive, Accurate Way To Detect Prostate Cancer Could Facilitate Commercially Available, At-Home Urine Tests May 24, 2013